Marks Split up:
There are 6 optional subjects consisting of 600 marks and 6 compulsory subjects of 600 marks, collectively making 1200 marks. For a candidate to pass CSS written exam he/ she must score 50% marks out o 1200. Passing marks for each optional subjects is 33. Subjects with two papers such as political science I & II, passing marks are aggregate of 33=33=66. Passing marks for every compulsory subject are minimum 40. General science and ability, Pakistan Affairs and current affairs should collectively make 120 marks to qualify CSS written exam. Final selection is done after adding up marks of interview.
All you need to ace CSS is strong will, consistency, and motivation.
How to choose CSS subjects (optional)?
- Visit FPSC website, and download syllabus of CSS.
- If you have any subject relevant to your educational background, go choosing it.
- Choose those subjects which are interlinked and overlap.
- If you have medical background or you don’t find any subject of your educational background, go for choosing either political science, or Intentional relations as main subjects consisting of 200 marks.
- Before making final selection, you must need to go through past papers of optional subjects.
Are you eligible?
- Age Limit for CSS
Your age should be less than 30 at December 31st of the year. Once you turned 30 years old you are not eligible for exam
- Number of chances For CSS
You have maximum three chances to avail CSS.
- Minimum Education required to appear in CSS
You should have at least 14 years education completed to appear in CSS exam.
- Minimum Experience Required for CSS
No experience required
You can contact out mentors to have assistance in making final selection of optional subjects according to recent trends. Our contact details are given on the extreme bottom of home page.